It has been a few months since I have been capable of document a brand new podcast episode, given my restricted time whereas making ready for my new guide launch. Faithfully Completely different: Recovering Biblical Readability in a Secular Tradition. However I feel you will discover at this time’s episode value it!
On this program, apologist Alisa Childers and I talk about a number of recurring themes in progressive Christian writing, utilizing a current best-selling progressive Christian guide as a case examine: If God is love, do not be an fool by John Pavlovitz. For instance, we mentioned progressive Christian concepts like the next from a biblical perspective (there are extra lined within the present):
- God has virtually just one attribute: love.
- The Bible has some good issues… and a whole lot of unhealthy issues. We’ve got to look at it to find out what is sweet.
- The measuring stick of faith is whether or not it’s helpful (somewhat than whether or not it’s true).
- Persons are basically good.
- Evangelicals assume they’re in a spot of authority or ethical superiority over others once they denounce sin.
I feel you are going to actually get pleasure from this dialog! In case you’re not already subscribed to the podcast, seek for “The Natasha Crain Podcast” in your participant or discover direct hyperlinks right here. It’s also possible to pay attention in your browser by clicking the episode participant beneath. Word that this IS a protracted episode, you could have to hearken to it in elements, however I’ll exit on a limb and say it is value it. We lined a whole lot of fascinating and essential floor.
I want the article roughly Evaluating Standard Progressive Christian Concepts with Alisa Childers [Podcast #15] provides keenness to you and is beneficial for totaling to your information
supply Evaluating Standard Progressive Christian Concepts with Alisa Childers [Podcast #15] Uncategorized